Stat check: The Bobcats are on a 10-game losing streak. Ten is huge.
Game time: 13 March 2013, 1000hrs AEDT
Watch it on: NBA League Pass
- Rajon Rondo (ACL) and Jared Sullinger (back) are out for the season.
Top enemy performers:
- Scoring: Kemba Walker (17.3)
- Rebounds: Byron Mullens, Bismarck Biyombo (7.0)
- Assists: Kemba Walker (5.6)
Keys to the game:
- Do not turn it over: The Bobcats like to push the ball, and giving them easy buckets is not the way to go. Stay careful.
- Mullens and the 3: Byron Mullens has shown a good knack at stretching defense with his 3 balls, care needs to be taken on not giving him the open shot.
- Bench effort: This is definitely a winnable game, the question is how much effort is needed to get this game locked down? I would like to see the bench give a good effort and allow the starters to get more rest. More minutes for new guys perhaps? I’d like to see Shavlik Randolph get some minutes at least; the bloke’s been re-signed to another 10-day deal and he’s on a big fat egg for game time so far. Same goes for DJ White, let’s see some rebounding action.
Win, and move on. A back-to-back awaits with Toronto back in the Garden, so it would be good to take care of business early here. I’m hoping for a solid win, but here’s my guess on the game won within 10 points unless the Bobcats decide to roll over and play dead.
*This will be my last game preview for a while, look for Stan to pick up the slack while I’m over in the US. #GoCeltics!