The Celtics will be looking for revenge over the Bobcats at the Garden tomorrow. Boston was embarrassed by Charlotte last Wednesday going down 74-100. Let’s take a look at this match up.
Stat check: Charlotte have won 1 game in their last 10 outings. Their only win coming against, you guessed it, the Celtics.
Game time: 17 March 2013, 1030hrs AEDT
Watch it on: NBA League Pass
- Rajon Rondo (ACL) and Jared Sullinger (back) are out for the season.
- Ramon Sessions (knee) won’t be with Charlotte on this trip
Top enemy performers:
- Scoring: Kemba Walker (17.2)
- Rebounds: Bismack Biyombo (7.0)
- Assists: Kemba Walker (5.6)
Keys to the game:
- Gerald Henderson. Yes, you read that right, Gerald Henderson is a key to this match! He tore the Celtics apart earlier in the week and exploded for a career-high 35 points, 12 of which came from free throws. Boston will need to play much better defence on Henderson this time around, not allowing him easy drives to the basket or free throws.
- Rebounding. All season long, rebounding has been a problem for the C’s. That was very much the case against the Bobcats last time around, getting out-rebounded 29-48. Watch for Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Byron Mullens and Bismack Biyombo on the glass. The C’s will need to make their presences felt and wrestle hard under the basket.
- Team work. This Celtics team looks to be having a lot of fun playing together and has become a lot closer as the much publicised adversity has hit. Yes, it is only the Bobcats and I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we see some ‘Gino Time’, but team work is still a big key to beating any NBA team. On the fast breaks we need to see Jeff Green running down the wing quickly. On defence we need to see switches happening fluently and ‘The Pitbulls’, Avery Bradley and Courtney Lee, picking pockets. On offence we need to see good ball movement, looking for the best shot possible.
The Celtics should come out with a head of steam for this match. If losing to this team earlier in the week wasn’t enough motivation, surely seeding position will drive this team to a big win. I would love to see a big win here, and thus resulting in some resting time for the big guns ahead of the huge game against Miami on Tuesday.