We’re back at the Garden to start the next win streak!
Stat check: The Knicks have won 5 of their last 10 games, and are currently on a 4-game win streak. Road record is currently 18-16.
Game time: 27 March 2013, 1000hrs AEDT
Watch it on: NBA League Pass
- Rajon Rondo (ACL) and Jared Sullinger (back) are out for the season.
- Courtney Lee is still uncertain for tomorrow’s game
- Kevin Garnett will be out for possibly 2 weeks to rest his inflammed left ankle. No firm timetable.
- Tyson Chandler is questionable for tomorrow’s game
- Amare Stoudemire is out for 6 weeks after a knee surgery
- Kurt Thomas is out for 2-4 weeks after suffering a stress fracture in his right foot
- Rasheed Wallace (fractured left foot) is out for the season
Top enemy performers:
- Scoring: Carmelo Anthony (27.6)
- Rebounds: Tyson Chandler (11.0)
- Assists: Raymond Felton (5.6)
Keys to the game:
- Defending the glass — K-Mart & Melo . K-Mart has been doing a great job starting for the injured Tyson Chandler, providing the Knicks with an offensive spark in their 4-game win streak. In the last 6 games that he has started, K-Mart averaged 12.2 points and 7.2 rebounds. Melo averages 6.3 rebounds this season, which is coincidentally the same as our captain. Melo’s ability to rebound and do a quick put back is what makes him dangerous around the rim. As we will probably be playing a lot of small ball, we will definitely NEED to work harder for the boards. Especially now that KG’s out.
- Muzzling the gunners. Smith averages 16.9 points/game, which could be a difference maker if he suddenly decides to get hot .Bradley has shown what he can do against J.R Smith, and Smith isn’t happy about it. Let’s keep it that way. Steve Novak has been in a terrible shooting slump and doesn’t seem to be getting out of it yet. Let’s keep it that way.
- Trust in the team. With the C’s being incredibly short handed now, Doc will definitely be leaning on every single guy on the bench for contributions. I’m not sure who Doc will pick for the Playoffs rotation, but getting everyone on the same page right now is definitely beneficial. I honestly hope to see less of ISO-Pierce as our primary option and more of the excellent ball movement we’ve seen in short bursts throughout the season.
Fun fact: Lakers lost!