Stat check: The Knicks have won 7 of their last 10 games, and are currently on a 7-game win streak. Home record is currently 26-10. Knicks (1) are currently 7.5 games ahead of the Celtics (3) in the Atlantic Division.
Game time: April 1st 2013, 1030hrs AEDT
Watch it on: NBA League Pass
- Rajon Rondo (ACL) and Jared Sullinger (back) are out for the season
- Kevin Garnett (inflammed ankle) may return next week
- Tyson Chandler (neck) is day-to-day
- A’mare Stoudemire (right knee surgery) is out indefinitely
- Kurt Thomas (right foot injury) is out indefinitely
- Rasheed Wallace (left foot injury) is out indefinitely
Top enemy performers:
- Scoring: Carmelo Anthony (27.6)
- Rebounds: Tyson Chandler (11.0)
- Assists: Raymond Felton (5.5)
Keys to the game:
- No dribble penetration. In the last meetup, KG’s absence was sorely missed. J.R. Smith and Carmelo Anthony combined for 61 points because they could penetrate and do whatever they wanted easily. If the C’s want this, then they will have to pull off some lock-down defense to clinch a win.
- Limiting turnovers. Turnovers are always costly, but against a fast paced Knicks team with a streaking J.R. Smith? Double that.
- More from the guys! Ball movement and execution — 2 things I have seen for the past few games. It’s always encouraging to see everyone hustling for boards and sharing the ball well. Randolph had his breakout game, so who’s next on the list?